NatGeo: Moles

Tumblr_lm1fgrpvru1qza0fjo1_500_large
I'm a bit fairskinned, you could say, and living in Texas isn't always the best thing for my skin. The sun is always beating down on me, making me sweat, and causing new freckles and moles appear out of no where. I've noticed lately a couple new little moles on my arms, and it got me kind of freaked out. Because when I think moles, I also think oh no skin cancer. Maybe, I'm paranoid, but whatevs. 
I'm house-sitting this week, and found myself reading a new edition of National Geographic, which is one of my favorite magazines ever. Anyways, in the NatGeo there was an article about moles. Go figure.
It turns out that people with a lot of moles may age slower than others [according to the King's College London]. This means fewer wrinkles! And a reduced risk of osteoporosis!
So, in summary, hurray moles!
Viewimage_story_large



20081223021829




So maybe I'll grow to love my moles... maybe.
;)

[images via weheartit.com]

3 comments:

  1. Yay for moles! Little suckers. I'm sure yours are beautiful :)

    The Bombshell Manifesto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Optimistic!!! That's the way to go. Haha. Im sure your moles are fine. i have a lot of them too. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have tons of moles myself - this is a relief!

    ReplyDelete