NEW ZEALAND [Hobbitton PT 1]

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who believed in hobbits. She didn’t believe in Santa Clause, or the Easter bunny, but she did believe in scary trolls and goblins. Elves, magical kingdoms, special rings, and holes in the ground. Her dad was a connoisseur of hobbits, and ingrained a special love of the hairy-footed creatures in her heart at a young age. Watching the hobbit cartoon over and over again, the little girl may have prayed to God to send her to a special land called Middle Earth. (The real world is not much fun without magic, anyways.) God sent that little girl a gift, and his name was Peter Jackson.

Heehee!

The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings trilogy have a very special place in my heart for many reasons. I’ve had the cartoon version of the hobbit for as long as I can remember, and my family would go every Christmas to see Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings movies when they finally came out in theatres. I love those movies & books so so much.

 So, you can imagine when I got the chance to go to New Zealand for film school that I would be doing some hobbit-like things.

An incredible experience. I drank ginger beer in the green dragon, and stood beneath Bilbo’s party tree where he disappears in the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring. I can’t wait to watch the movies again & pay closer attention to the backgrounds of the Shire. Because I was there! The tour was very fun and informative- I loved all of the little anecdotes our tour guide mentioned! So much detail was put into the shire set, so everyone should go and appreciate it. Truly incredible.

 Can you tell that I am in love?

Part 2 Coming soon! So many photos...

PS keep up with my adventures via instagram/tumblr/youtube >> links are in sidebar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment