I heart Auckland.

I am falling more and more in love with Auckland the more that I explore it. Walking around the city at night with my earbuds in and listening to music is the most relaxing thing. This is a big change from before where I would be struggling up the hills, my legs about to give out on me. Ha. I have grown up a lot since coming here.

My friend B and I went to get wine one night before going to the movies. We people-watched and then headed over to Academy Cinemas, which is a tiny, indie movie theatre in the basement of the public library. We saw Only Lovers Left Alive with Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston. I really enjoyed it. I also had my first ice cream that I've had in New Zealand that was actually enjoyable. I'm sorry, but TipTop ice cream has nothing on Blue Bell. Nothing. (In fact we mentioned this to some new zealanders and they scoffed and said WHAT is bluebell? They need to come to Texas.)

In class that week we were learning about lighting. B and I got to play models for the other students. There was a lot of standing around and giggling. After class we went out for a beer and somehow ended up getting more amazing ice cream! Two good ice creams in a week in Auckland is a feat, let me tell you.

That last photo is indicative of my life in film school. Lots of script-writing, and re-writing. It's an interesting process.

I can't believe my time here is almost half up! Slow down, time!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment